You and I...

If I am a song, you are the music,
If I am a bird, you are my wings,
If I am the bulb, you are the filament,
If I am the phone, you are the dial tone,
If I am the TV, you are the picture tube;

If I am the cycle, you are the wheel,
If I am the heart, you are the heart-beat,
If I am the river, you are the bank,
If I am the volcano, you are the lava;

If I am a singer, you are the song,
If I am the tree, you are the root,
If I am the party, you are the celebration,
If I am friendship, you are the friend;

If I am the loo, you are the flush,
If I am the pen, you are the ink,
If I am the scale, you are its measurement,
If I am sleep, you are the dream;

If I am the air around, you are the oxygen,
If I am white, you are its purity,
If I am the monitor, you are the display,
If I am the calendar, you are the date;

If I am the keyboard, you are the keys,
If I am the mouse, you are the mouse-ball,
If I am the action, you are the thrill,
If I am the nameplate, you are the name;

If I am the taxi, you are the meter,
If I am the refrigerator, you are the compressor,
If I am the vehicle, you are the fuel,
If I am current, you are its voltage,
If I am the food, you are the menu;

If I am a poet, you are the poem,
If I am a child, you are its innocence,
If I am love, you are its faith,
If I am the mind, you are the intellect,
If I am the body, you are the soul...

Comments