First Impressions - Best Impressions...!

Man! The weather is so pleasant! It's just 12 degrees Celcius; and the breeze so soothing...!

Boise is so peaceful and serene - first impressions - M Loving it... :)

I left home in Bangalore @ 8:30 pm on Friday night after a lot of unwanted drama at the workplace, working even on Friday, and collecting my travel documents in the last minute of the eleventh hour.

First weighed the baggage in Mathikere itself @ a bakery near my place; only to come back home to leave quite some stuff behind (imagine - even had a Tide Washing Powder 4 kg pack!!! :O)... Again left by 8:58 pm to reach airport by 9:45 pm.

Joined this huge crowd at the International Terminal - eventually got in around 10:40 pm, and after the baggage check-in, boarding-pass collection, Immigration check and boarding, got into the MH 193 flight to KL...

The flight left at around 12:50 am (20 mins behind schedule), to reach KL after 3 hours and 45 minutes. The pilot said it usually takes 3 hr 25 mins normally, but had to take a longer route due to a cyclone aftermath in Myanmar (this explains the extra 20 mins).

Went to the ticket counter to collect my boarding pass for the connecting flight to LA... thus reporting for boarding eventually at 9:30 am KL time (7 am Sat IST). Due to some technical problems, there was a ninety minute delay after boarding... :O This was a eleven hour fifty five minutes journey to LA...

In the Malaysian Airlines flights, I had lots and lots of orange juice, salted peanuts, two glasses of vodka, three glasses of beer. Food was sad and salt less, tasteless, bland, blah blah... but good for a guy like me trying to reach double figures in the next six months. Reached LA at 12:10 pm local time on Saturday afternoon.

Got the Immigration stamping for US (valid till Sept 9, 09) and collected my baggage by 1:05 pm local time. (one hour behind Boise). My next flight was a domestic one - between LA and Boise - and I had more than six hours in hand... (lazed round the airport and was feeling really sleepy, due to jet-lag...)

The Alaskan Airlines Flight No. 2388 - was delayed by 75 mins. It left LA at 8 pm (9 pm Boise time) and reached Boise in just under two hours. When I stepped out, it was 11:15 pm local time. My onsite manager David Limber had come to pick me up from the airport to drop me at the hotel, which is <>

I am residing @ this place called "SPRINGHILL SUITES by Marriott". Pretty decent place... The room has been booked for the next fourteen nights... has a swimming pool and gym open for twenty four hours. I'd hv to luk out 4 an apartment myself by then, and move out...

I gained eleven and a half hours altogether! :D It is now 8:25 am on Tuesday, the 13th of May, as I am writing this. It must be around 7:55 pm there in namma Bengalooru!

For the first time, I sat on a Merc when my onsite manager came to pik me up 4m the airport... driving seemed a totally effortless experience here... amazingly smooth car... u will not feel like the vehicle is even moving! :D The avg speed was around 120 kmph, as there is hardly any traffic here... the population is just 2 lakhs people in Boise... (Bangalore's is close to 60 lakhs)... and this place is 2.5 times bigger than Bangalore, from what I saw so far... :D

So, the density is very, very less. At this rate, am thinking of doing some part-time job of contributing something towards the population explosion... he he! (as there are some countries that pay you to have children :D - so lots of money to make, u c! :D :D :P)

These are my first impressions of Boise! :)

Comments

Anonymous said…
So By Sept 2009 .... Will Boise compete with Namma Bengalooru in Population :O ..... Ha ha ha ...... hee he eheheh
Pam said…
Hey chandler,
U have a nice experience, if iam not wrong i think the same day i was returning to india